Sunday, September 13, 2009

Local foods from Sarawak

It is good to be back to hometown and during the time we have been traveling gone & back from Sibu and Sarikei. It is because I`m from Sarikei and Raymond from Sibu.




We took local bus to Sarikei. Thanks god! nowadays most of bus got air conditioner. But, sometime it can be unlucky and you end up need open the window and the air become dusty. :S



eheheh,..still the same as old time>>the bus ticket which people still stamp it instead like swapping the bus card. But, the fares increased RM 7.60 =AUS$2.53. I remembered it used to cost a few Ringgit.

Well, like anyone who just come back to overseas, 1st time we will desperate to eat the local foods as much as we can.




Within a day we actually ate a lot!! because it was too cheap for us! especially now the AUS$ currency is high.

Also the seafood are way too cheap and fresh such as crah, prawn and local-river fish which only can be found at hometown.

Crab always our favourite! because at Aussie it was fucking expensive. T_T



Someone cant wait to eat.

and one thing funny is .................



It served with hammer! It was so hilarious because in Aussie people don't use hammer in order to eat the crab meat. LOLOL

I just cant help and laughing non-stop and most people come to that restaurant to eat crabs and each table you could heard a "BAng! bang! Bang! including our self.





We also eat steamboat at Sibu. It was funny & enjoyable because each person had own pot to cook the foods.



The picture above is a local veg called "Million" It only can be found rural area and is wild veg and you cant grow them which is why it really hard to found on market.




One thing I`m not used to here is the weather. It was Bloody HOT!!! omg,...o.O' and I love fresh coconut juice which I haven't had it for ages.




It was FREAKING huge pork leg!!! It was Raymond `s favourite dish!! . We often called it "Tue Kaa" in foochow languages and Raymond also often teased me by calling me TueKaa! bcoz I got fat leg (-______-" ) bloody helll...@##$%#




KOLO MEE. I ate at when I was at Kuching. It was most popular dish in Kuching, If you come to Kuching must try!



Seriously, I jumping overjoy when I saw a lot Dragon Fruit sell everywhere at Malaysia and it was sooooooo cheap. I pretty much can eat it everyday before I`m coming back to Melbourne. I dont know why in Australia they sell so expensive and sometime it unavailable on market. sighhh.....



It was Bright Purple-Pink color! yummmy I think it would be excellent for making juices



My mom bought a lot Durian Kuning because she knew Raymond loves durian. Besides, this kind of durian cant be found in Australia.



Kind of cute, mini and bright orange-yellow color.



Yummmmm~~~


Next, is exciting part! My parents was prepared a WELCOME Home Party Dinner for me & Raymond.


Wow... 3 chefs busying preparing the foods including my mom (right) heheheh




My aunt show off and cooked "Long-Life Noodle"



yummm,...it was my favourite!! and I pour a lot Chinese red wine! Dont worry it wouldnt make me "mabuk"/drunk ahahhaahh




This is 1st round for older like grandma, uncles, aunts to eat 1st.

Well, my parents invited a lot relatives included cucuk-cicit (grand kids) ahahahah for dinner at our house.



Next day, my mom cooked even more local foods and all are my favourites!



Big & juicy prawns!!!!!




it does look like mini-lobster LOLO



okay, when at Sibu we always go to night market for supper after the dinner.



Also, on the way back home we always stop by this place to bought BBQ Pork Buns, Veg Buns & fresh made Soy bean drinks.

Seriously, almost every night we bought a lot buns from them because I never eat such as delicious Meat Buns ever.

_
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
okay,....the worst part about coming back hometown are

1. Attended funeral which I dont wish to talk about.

2. Diarrhea, o.O' omgggggggg,...I went to toilet like 5 times per day and continuous for 2 days. Since, then I dont dare to eat much foods from outside and try to extra careful choosing my meals.

So, I`m still in piece and not gain or lost weight.

3. I hate SUN UV!!!!. Once I landed Sibu,..WHAAoooo...I get tanned skin straight away! bloody hell. @#@$@%#%^$!!!!! do guys have any idea how hard for me to keep my skin tone light. Not to mention I spent fortune on skin brighter products >.<"

5 comments:

Tony Hii said...

Let Sibu and Sarikei embrace you with all the warmth. You must be having a gorgeous time helping yourself with the local delicacies.

@lice said...

Now you make me jealous!!

Anonymous said...

The crabs looked delicious.. were they from sibu or sarikei?

Laura Hii said...

tonyhii: ThankU! Thank U!

alice: sigh..I just didnt write the worst part

anonymous: at sibu (bus terminal)

cooknengr said...

We only stopped in Sarikei for 2 hrs, mainly spent rm90 at the Jakar restaurant just for lunch, of course besides the famous Big Prawn mee, we had boar, turtle, expensive fresh water fish...etc.