Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gyoza aka Dumpling

This is my second time make Gyoza. However, I`m still not as good as those at market or restuarant. But, my technique getting better for wrapping the gyoza. I guess more practice will get better next time.

Basically, it very easy to make Gyoza and mostly people will use pork mince instead chicken or beef.

As for ingredients, I used the following;




  1. Pork mince
  2. Spring onion
  3. Onion
  4. Carrot
  5. Shiitake Mushroom
  6. Dried Shrimp
  7. Chinese cabbage
  8. Soy Sauce
  9. Sesame oil
  10. Chinese wine
  11. Salt





As for gyoza wrap it can easily purchase from market.

The following is the step and teach you how to wrap gyoza which I learn from internet.



took it from internet.

Just go to google and you can easily find about making gyoza.





Yaaaaaaaaaa! I`m getting better now wrapping the gyoza compare to last time >_<" omg so ugly! Now, I need to learn how to grilled those gyoza. I still dont know how they can make it so nice like those restaurant!





>_<" kind of ugly. I guess need more practice. Anyway just me & Ray gonna eat it, is not like I`m gonna share it with friends or neighbour as gift. Well, Ray prefer grilled instead steamed.





I prefer steamed one because less oily. All you need is placed bake paper and wipe a little oil on it before you put gyoza on top.

But, it doesn't matter because I used olive oil for grilled the gyoza and cooking purpose which much healthier.

2 comments:

MDOB said...

thanks for sharing this!! i wanna make gyoza too, but no time :( this whole week also reach home ard 9.30pm fr work. Definitely coming back to this post again when i am ready. ahahah :D

hey, i remember you mentioned about rssfeed somewhr in ur blog. do we have to activate the feed so that nuffnang can come in? how to activate?

can you advise?

Laura Hii said...

myminisode: nuffnang...u need go to register Malaysian version. I`m from Australia Nuffnang.