Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Duan Wu Jie a.k.a Rice Dumpling / Dragon Boat Festival

Do you know today is Duan Wu Jie??? I actually almost forgot till my parents told me on yesterday. So, today I just phoned home and have a quick chat with my parents. Well,...how many of you celebrate or are you now enjoy eating the rice dumpling??? (-__-')

All pictures below from http://home.comcast.net/~cs-andover/Web_Doc/DuanwuFestival.pdf



Well, Ray & I didnt celebrate it. Once I finish work, we both just ate dinner at home and I also didnt cook any special dishes. Plus!, Ray need to work tonight for night shift. Poor honey... (T_T). As for me, I was so bored, and just surf the internet.

Suddenly, I forgot the stories about Rice Dumpling and the whole thing about Duan Wu Festival. OMGGGGGGGGG! WHAT A SHAME!!! How could I ????? So, I started to do some research on internet. I found one website which are interesting and got all the dumpling pictures.











I remembered, every year my aunt will made zongzi/ rice dumpling for us and friends. My aunty is really good in cooking and making dessert. And basically, almost good at everything, when talk about foods. GOSH,....I really missed it.



In my whole life, I only made once rice dumpling with my aunt when I was 17 years old. At that time, My mum invited my aunt to our house and teach us how to make it. Basically, it pretty easy to prepare and the harder part is folding. If you don't fold it nicely, at the end all the filling will come off. heheh

I think I still remember how to make it. My main problem is who gonna finish the whole dumpling at the end????. So, kind of waste it. When, we were at Sydney we only just bought the dumpling from Chinese grocery about AUS$2.50 each.

But, at here the only place I can found is BoxHill. Maybe, bcoz BoxHill got a lot Asian people and Chinese grocery. However, of coz I`m not gonna drive 35 mins all along way from my home to Boxhill just rice dumpling.

Anyway, I wishing my family, friends, and all readers "Happy Duan Wu Jie!" \(^_0_^)/

Nite nite...time for sleeping beauty... heheh

3 comments:

Pazuzu said...

wow.. nice dumpling..
:D


http://www.redspot.com.my/pazuzu

Laura Hii said...

pazuzu: yes indeed. Really, missed my aunt` s dumpling.

Anonymous said...

long time din have any dumpling oledi .. :)