Saturday, September 26, 2009

ShenZhen - GoodBye

Overall, if you ask me whether I will going back to ShenZhen in the future?? I would said "Maybe".

But, I would love to travel to around China such as Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and etc. I 'maybe" will like it.

I think for me who cant read chinese could be disadvantages. Now, I kind of got idea imagining myself travel to Japan or Korea and worst I cant speak their languages.

So, in the future need be more prepared. However, going to Shenzhen it wasnt my idea at all.

Since we gonna spent 1 week at ShenZhen and not idea about the environment. I think it is safe to booked more reasonable or more reputation hotel.






We only booked the rooms for 2 nights at Century Plaza Hotel. Well, it was freaking expensive and pretty much the same for all hotels surrounded.

Since got 2 days at city, so we also do some research and ask a few hotels which cheaper and of course need to check how`s the hotel.

Sometime we cant trust what even we see on internet and doesn't means it got room available anytime.



The end we changed our hotel to "Lushan hotel" which also a 4 stars hotel and a lot cheaper.




This time instead we booked 2 separated room, we actually booked one room with extra bedroom which also got kitchen, dining room and lounge.





view from our room window.





It got great view and can see the ShenZhen city.



Night view even better!!!

Anyway, we do have some great time and next time I hoping we should go to HongKong for a few days for real shopping!




I was too bored bcoz we still got 2 hours. ShenZhen airport too small just like Sibu airport. So hard to kill the time.




All I can do just look at the planes -___- to pass the time. sighhhhhhh now I wish to bring my magazines with me.

Also, I really regret when I was in primary school why I dont study Chinese but think again I can skip one year at school.

But still Malaysian - Chinese should know Chinese. sighhhh shamed on me!!!

I decided if I got my own kids I must force them study Chinese


Okay lastly,...if you ask me again what`s my impression or do you think about ShenZhen?

1) Smoke Zone

2) Rude people unless you dress like rich people, they will serve you like VIP -_-'

3) Dirty and poor hygiene

4) Taxi driver will speak coarse languages & spilling saliva in the middle of road.

5) Dont follow the LAWS - seriously people dont care about traffic lights. You can just cross the road whenever you want even the POLICE officer at the scene! TRUST ME!!! is true.

5) Rip Off culture

4 comments:

@lice said...

I trust you. Hahaha. I think if you asked me go China, I will choose Beijing/Shanghai perhaps with tour not by own. Cos I scared kena con. And my advice to Korea/Japan, DO NOT GO FREE AND EASY. Ppl in Korea as rude as China, they dun speak english but some part of ppl do speak Mandarin, I mean "some" only. But at least, it's cleaner and no cheater. But one thing, RUDE, I mean Korean. Taxi driver don't even know your way unless you show the place name in Korean. One word, hard to communicate. hehe.

Laura Hii said...

ALice: Dont worry too much.

What ever happened just treat it as little adventures. As for traveling to Japan/Korean, I properly will need learn some basic languages or join some backpacker community then a lot "safer" ;D

I also thought about it if travel to Europe/Italy/France etc communication can be problem but at least better then rude ppl. I believe most of them are quite friendly & helpful.

algol said...

nice blog!

Just got back from Shenzhen. Was there for only three days and two nights, with the last day spent on going to the HK airport.

Will go back to Shenzhen! I love the place! hehehe

Laura Hii said...

algol: glad u enjoy.