Monday, November 12, 2007

Protecting yourself from Cervical Cancer

I should blog about this very early but I keep forgetting. This post I especially sent an "alarm" to all women need to protecting yourself from cervical cancer. It is a program organized by Australia government to urge all women including kids to join the vaccination program for future prevention.

I just found out when all my colleagues has get it done at school and Uni. Some of them went to GP which like what I did. We pretty open minded and nothing to shame to talk about it because the government has started the campaign ages ago.

And the good news for everyone in Australia, started from April 2007 the government will provided FREE vaccine to all women & girls (between 12-26) through the program.

Girls (12-18) get it from school which I believe they has nothing to worry about it. Program started April 2007 till end of 2008.

Young women like me ( under 27) Program started July 2007 till end of June 2009.

Just go and ask your GP/ family doctor about it. (Source from here )

Overall to complete the vaccination program MUST go through 3 injections (3 doses) ya I know,...I also freak out when we need to get injected for 3 times (T_T)

1 dose : at a chosen date
2 dose : 1-2 months after the 1st dose
3 dose : 4-6 months.

oh dear~~~ such as long period.

ok..if you wanna found out what is cervical cancer? The following are very good website to refer which from Australian Government .

What is cervical cancer and causes?

So,...guys dont wait!!!!!! Tell your gf or wife or friends to get it done. Dont wait till too late like other victim such as Australia Prime Minister `s wife Janette Howard. Some of you mind curious whether male can get infected ???? the answer is YES! (Source from here)

Here are the News (if you interested to read about her battles)

I also found some video which very informative.



So,.... one last question I would like to ask
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

No comments: