Sunday, October 21, 2007

Missed...... yummmmmm

It have been a week since I back from Malaysia. Sometimes, I do felt missed my mama`s cooks & local foods which I have been thought a lot especially I got nothing to do and wandering & lost in space.

Really missed KOM PIA


Only RM1 / AUS$0.33 for 5 pieces of "Kompia"

It taste a sooooo mild or plate pretty much like a bread, I can ate 10 pieces at once seriously!
Dammit I should tabao(takeaway) & bring to Australia!. Hmmm.....can someone import it!!!!??
The size getting smaller compare when I was a little kid. Well,...a lot of thing has change but not all (^_^).

The next one is local veg which only available at a few suburb. It also my dad favorite dishes.!!!
I used to remember my next door neighbour plant a lot at backyard but now they had moved to other places.



It taste sooooooo good when cooked with eggs. So..simple dishes and I can ate a few bowl of rices with it.!!!




I also missed "Tan Yoong" Dont really know what it called in english. But, all chinese people will know what it is and we will eat them before celebrate chinese new years.


Cantonese style with chicken soup + eggs glazed = like a shark fin soup.

It is because my mum is Cantonese & my dad is foo chow, so every year my mum will make 2 kind of Tan Yoong. One is Cantonese style & Foo Chow style which just boiled "O" (the round gluten rice flour) & mix with brown sugar & blended peanuts.

I love Cantonese one becoz I`m not a sweet tooth and it take a lot effect to make it. (^_^)

I think this year, will be around November. Mostly all chinese ppl will make it and the meaning of it, is all the family members will re/union after eat it which we should appreciated and love & care people surround you. (^_^)

So, around November I will make it. Hopefully I manage to find all the ingredients and pleasseeee let me have a day off which I can spend more time at kitchen. AMEnnnn~~~

okay, the following is my favourite chinese kuih(cake) but it more look like a dumpling for aussie ahhahahah. Your guys have not idea how long I havent taste it the chinese kuih which made by my mum, of coz I also helped. The last time I ate it is when I was Form 2 (High school) 13 years old. WAAAAAAAAAAa omg!!!!



Dont know somehow I felt wanna eat the kuih at that time once I saw old photos albums at home and always wanted to make it for Ray to try. ehheehh Well, sooner or later I will make it!


wahhah looks like curry puff.

But this one is more healthy which is no oily and it just pork mince + Vegs + Dried Shrimp(or prawn if u want)



okok ready to steamed \(^_o_^)/ for about 30mins


oMGHHHH just look at it........mouth watering :P

My mum also told me, when they were little kids and at that time they were so poor dont have $$ to buy snack or even go to town, they will made those kuih at home to fill up their craving. (T_T). There a few thing, which really make me think I am so lucky born in good family (financially) and really contented what I had now.

So, need to work harder to earn $$$$ now to repay them! God bless them XOXO

More kuih!!!! when I was at hometown almost every afternoon I will have a snack on the kuih which bought from market.


OMG,....I do gained a few extra kgs for that. My parents kept "feed" me like a pig almost everyday. Even lunch or dinner time our dining table will be like this
-
-
-
-
-
-
-almost everyday (@_@')

walau...like chinese new year`eve

I`m not complaint, it just I don't want my parents work so hard on it, as long I back can gather together and have a good time. (*sob~sob~*)

No comments: